Professor Anna Sapino
Doctors Anatomo Patologi
Dr. Alberto Pisacane, Dr. Davide Balmativola, Dr. Elena Maldi, Dr. Caterina Marchiò
Dr. Laura Casorzo (specialist in Medical Genetics), Dr. Ivana Sarotto (specialist in Clinical Pathology), Dr. Tiziana Venesio (specialist in Medical Genetics)
Technicians of the Biomedical Laboratory
Paolo Ferrero, Rosalba Gioia, Simona Grampastore, Sara Marino, Katia Pollato, Lia Tucci, Cristina Zecchillo
Staff on contract
Dr. Carmine Dell’Aglio: Biotechnologist (specialist in Clinical Biochemistry), Dr. Umberto Miglio: Biotechnologist (Doctorate in Molecular Medicine), Dr. Elena Frangipane: Biologist
- Histology and Cytology
- Histological diagnostics on tissues or organs removed surgically or by means of biopsy, or by tru-cut needle biopsy (under clinical or instrumental guidance)
- Cytological diagnostics of fine-needle aspirates (under clinical or instrumental guidance), effusions, strips, liquor, urine, broncho-aspirate, expectorate and hollow organ brushing
- Routine intraoperative diagnostics
- Diagnostic consulting:
- Complex cases regarding the following pathologies: mammary, cutaneous, soft tissues, head and neck, lung, genito-urinary system, gastrointestinal tract, onco-haematology and cytology.
- CUP (Cancer of Unknown Primary): determination of the organ/tissue of origin in the neoplasms of unknown primary
- Immunohistochemical diagnostic investigation and determination of prognostic-predictive markers associated with neoplastic pathology.
- Classical and molecular cytogenetics
Onco-haematological pathologies: chromosomicanalysis for the research of chromosomic aberrations associated with leukemia/lymphomas and more detailed investigation with the FISH technique.
Solid tumours: FISH in interphase on cytological samples and on histological sections as diagnostic support to classical morphological investigation and to prognostic and predictive significance.
Diagnostic-molecular analysis: research into genetic alterations with prognostic-predictive significance; “ molecular identikit” of tumours for targeted therapy.
Constitutional genetic and molecular analysis: Hereditary polyposis syndromes and screening for Lynch Syndrome
HPV genotyping analysis: HPV-related cervico-vaginal pathologies and of the head-neck area.
Methods of booking and access
At the secretary's office situated on the 1st Floor:
The patient, in possession of the referral, may enter without prior booking from 8.00 to 15.30, from Monday to Friday;